Things to Do, Tourism & Recreation:
- Delavan Lake Area. The Delavan,Wisconsin and Delavan Lake area is one of the most popular resort locations in SE Wisconsin with exciting water sports, golf, horseback riding, and winter activities.
- The Delavan city park system contains more than 100 acres of natural preserves, parks, picnic areas, and playgrounds. Included in Delavan’s beautiful park system can be found a swimming pond, sledding hills and a Memorial Arboretum. Over two miles of winding waterways are within the city; Lake Comus, just one block or so north of the Main Street Manor, is a favorite spot for children. Along the north shore of Lake Comus, and beyond the arboretum, is the Dibble Nature Trail where many varieties of trees, shrubs, marsh grass, birds and small animal wildlife can be observed in their natural habitat. The new Rotary Gardens on the east end of the city highlights a seven-rock fountain representing the seven continents.
- The city owns and operates the 27-hole Delbrook Golf Course rated as one of the finest public courses in the area. It includes a man-made lake, a modern irrigation system, and modern clubhouse. A golf pro is available to help with all your golfing needs.
- Delavan’s Food, Recreation & Shopping. You are sure to please your palette at any one of the area’s great dining establishments. Foods for every taste are cooked, grilled, sautéed, baked, and fried to perfection. From burgers to seafood, chicken to steak, fine dining, casual family dining, a light lunch or a Friday night fish fry, you won’t have far to go to discover a restaurant to satisfy your appetite. Numerous watering holes give you plenty to experience every evening around the downtown and lakes area.
- Delavan’s historic downtown, is easily walkable from the Main Street Manor. In fact the Manor itself is located directly in Delavan. The downtown district is recently renovated, and includes brick streets and unique shopping. Antique shops, furniture stores, gift shops and a department store are just a few of the retail businesses that Delavan has to offer. You can spend a relaxing afternoon walking around the downtown.
Check out the Delavan Wisconsin Calendar of Events for more things to do when you visit.